Tuesday, May 29

Gotta Get A Hold Of Myself

I had what I hope to be the first class of my final semester at fake college today. I am, as you might imagine, ecstatic and entirely in fear for my life. I expect this coming summer to be boring as hell and tedious beyond belief. This is the schedule:

May 29 – June 5 Environmental Biology from 9:00am to 10:45am (Mon. - Thur.)

May 30 – July 25 Math 101 from 6:00pm to 9:15pm (Mon. & Wed.) : Essentially the math everybody took their senior year of high school, they call it math 101 because Math 99 apparently sounds pejorative. I receive no credit for said class and even passed my senior year of Math but still have to take it. But I’m not at all bitter…

July 9 – August 12 (I think) Intro to Human Communication 8:00am – 9:10 am (Mon. – Thur.): I hate the name of this class. It suggests that I’ve never been introduced and therefore know nothing about Human communication. I have been. While I may be unable to get a coherent sentence out every time, and my syntax can be arcane I have been “Introduced to Human Communication.” In fact we are so well acquainted that I’ve been using it as a tool to interact with people since the age of about 3! Anyway, it’s a speech class so I’ll have to brush up on my West Wing come Independence Day weekend, which strikes me as rather appropriate.

And with the same dates as the above class I’ll be taking Math 110 – College Mathematics from 9:30 to 10:45 (Mon. – Thur.) I have no problem taking this. Really, I don’t! Or I hope that by repeating this phrase over and over again I’ll make myself okay with it. God I hate Math…

So before all of this gets too hairy I need to finish my application to C.P. sometime this week, but hopefully by next fall I’ll be living it up in essentially the same position I’ve been in for the past two years or so only with a longer commute and more people to fight over parking spaces with. Honestly, I can’t wait!

In other news:

Shah is here! We’ve been going to bars and whatnot since he got here on Thursday last week and it has been amazing. I missed out on a bit of the weekend though as I slept late and was hung-over, then had family obligations to fulfill.

I saw both Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and 28 Weeks Later. I highly recommend both if you are in the mood for some mindless entertainment, especially 28 Weeks Later. Ha ha, get it? Zombies?

I’ll soon be switching jobs as I’m being replaced by someone who has, you know, qualifications and all. I’ve got my next thing pretty much lined up and I think it should actually be better, pay-wise anyway. I can’t seem to get a job in the field in which I’m passionate about and also can’t seem to get out of the investment region of the business world.

After seeing 28 Weeks Later I can’t seem to stop having dreams about Zombies. They aren’t that scary but they are quite vivid. They have also mainly revolved around me becoming a Zombie by the end of the dream right before I wake up. I seem strangely fine with it though- in the dream, that is. I have a sneaking suspicion this could mean something. I’d rather not open that door though, if you know what I mean.

Listening to this woman desperately try to page someone on the intercom system at work who is obviously out of the office. Its pretty funny.

No comments: