Thursday, November 20

Make This Work

You may have noticed, if you could still find this place, that the URL has changed. What was http://spinnythekid.blogspot.com is now forcedleisure.blogspot.com and better for it! Spinny the Kid was a nickname of mine way back in high school and I’ve used it intermittently since then for screen names and such. I happened to google “spinnythekid” a few days ago and found a rather troubling result. My blog came up along with an entry from UrbanDictionary.com. It included seven definitions of the term “spinny.” The best are numbers 1, 3 and 7. I’ll restate them here:

1.) Spinny – From south west England, mainly said if someone is confused about something. Spinny also means strange, tripping, odd, mysterious, unfamiliar.

3.) Spinny – The feeling you get after play a video game for at least three straight hours, usually an RPG. It’s a feeling hard to describe, almost as if you’ve checked out of your life for a while and then were suddenly thrown back in.

7.) Spinny – A small, fat, Italian kid who has a unibrow.

The first is appropriate. The second is how I feel a lot. And while I have nothing against small fat Italian kids with the misfortune of growing only one eyebrow I do not count myself among them. As #7 is the only noun I decided to change it up. A new look and a new URL. And pictures for the first time in the last post! Yes it certainly is exciting. Web 2.0 I mean. This blog is rather quotidian…

Listening to my post title which is a song by The Magistrates.

No comments: