Monday, April 20

End the Washington Monument (Blinks) Goodnight

Things have been better. End of the semester blues times 10. And it’s pouring outside. Is there such a thing as reverse seasonal depression? I think I just want it to be nice outside so I have a better excuse to go outside and avoid work.

Speaking of which: I went to Baltimore this weekend. That was fun. Mike and I have a music-and-scotch night set aside sometime soon. Though those tend to make me depressed too. Emo kids should not keep the company of other Emo kids, especially when it involves rare Joy Division live recordings. I shaved my beard too. It feels very strange.

I’ve become obsessed with this insipid sitcom from CBS called “How I Met Your Mother.” Its terrible escapism but I’ve been entertained. I can’t say I recommend it for watching but thought you all should know what I’ve been up to.

I do recommend for all the other Spring-time funk dwellers out there: the Silversun Pickup’s new album “Swoon,” the new Peter Bjorn & John album, and the first EP from Mumford & Son. Fuzzed out guitar, minimalist pop and sad banjo music are good for remaining in your bed longer than you have since you were 13.

Favorite lyrics? I’m so glad you asked!

Swoon: “What’s keeping my tounge tied? / I see you when you roll your eyes.” (Sort Of)

PB&J: If you have problems, why don't you go solve them? / At least you wont be so out of touch /
If your a poet, why don't you lift your tong and show it? (Nothing to Worry About)

Mumford & Sons: “Take all the courage you have felt. Waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head.”

Looks like tomorrow so I’ll say good night.

Post from Q and not U

No comments: