Wednesday, April 4

The Chandelier Swing

God…it has been a blur for the past, oh I dunno, it has to be going on about six months now. I complain a lot on this thing but I really shouldn’t. I have an amazing and rewarding life that gets busy and keeps me occupied. Since August I’ve gotten myself back on track at school, have managed to find an amazing girlfriend, see friends, work and be merry. This is starting to sound like some kind of anniversary post or retrospective or something. Since the anniversary was back in February and I hate those long winded count-your-blessings diatribes I’ll simply say that I miss those of you who read this and that I don’t talk to enough. To those that I do talk to a lot: thank you for allowing me to babble at you…incessantly.

I wanted to do a post about some of the new and new-to-me albums that I’ve been listening to but I have to go home so I can go out and celebrate my dad’s 54 birthday tonight. We’re going to a French place that has absolutely fantastic food. My mom and dad are friends with the owners and they have assumed that I’m 21. That means Pinot Noir and would make most people cry, Johnnie Walker Blue and a bottle of Taittinger that could be the most expensive thing that I’ve ever had the pleasure to consume.

Birthday Dinner at expensive French restaurant: $120 per person

Bottle of perfectly chilled 1996 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs: $800

Having your parents pay for it all: Priceless…for me.

Listening to The Story Of Yo La Tango by Yo La Tengo

2 comments:

Shah said...

F@#$%$ I am jealous! Enjoy it to Irish bastard

Shah said...

MORE I NEED MORE GREG!! ( In a sexual gay way) and fuck i cant see what the letters I need to type to have this post are.