Tuesday, January 29

Reactor Party

Back to school. I’m sitting in the Student Union, or to those in the know—Stamp. Its raining and it might as well be Monday. For some reason all of this excites me. Having purpose and work to do in life has gotten me out of my semi-funk and revived my hopes for Late Winter.

The schedule is as follows:
Tuesday – High Middle Ages, Environmental History and American Lit. from 9:30 to 1:15. 15 minute breaks for smoking and walking.
Thursday – Repeat above but add Intellectual & Cultural Life Under Totalitarianism in the 20th Century from 2 to 4.
Friday – Lit discussion class.

I still have to get my 20th Century Culture class’ discussion scheduled (it hasn’t been yet), but other than that the timing worked out quite well, I think.

I’d like to move and I’d like to continue to earn a big paycheck but other than that I’m feeling good. I’m sure all that will change once I get my syllabi, though. Then the panic will set in.

Hooray for panic.

Also, as an aside that doesn’t matter: a guy who honestly should be a Bertrand Russell impersonator is sitting across from me. He looks about 102 years old and he has a british accent. Good ol’ Bertie. I really need to take another Philosophy course.

Listening to “The Racing Rats” by The Editors (which as a more dance-y Robert Palmer feel to its music video) and “All My Friends” by LCD Soundsystem. The title is a song by ShitDisco. Good song.

No comments: