Thursday, January 11

The Chandelier Swing

Two things real quick, as I sort of slept late / got a lot of work done last night and feel justified in doing so.

1. I think I want to be a cynical satirist when I grow up.

2. I woke today to this thought:

"I don't feel that it is necessary to know exactly what I am. The main interest in life and work is to become someone else that you were not in the beginning. If you knew when you began a book what you would say at the end, do you think that you would have the courage to write it? What is true for writing and for a love relationship is true also for life. The game is worthwhile insofar as we don't know what will be the end. My field is the history of thought. Man is a thinking being."
--Truth, Power, Self: An Interview with Michel Foucault - October 25th, 1982.

Thanks…thanks for reminding me I still have to read Russel and about thirty other books. But any day that starts off the post-struturalist way is going to be interesting. You never know who will show up, and I’m just talking about yourself here.

Listeing to M.I.A. and wondering why all music doesn’t involve samples of videogame violence these days.

No comments: