Wednesday, January 31

The Perils Of Believing In Round Squares

Being called “insightful and very intelligent” at least six times in one class period has gone to my head…

Also being able to baffle a teacher with wit and guile. I’ve always prided myself on my ability to defend against predators with said wit and guile, but its nice to know that academia (by which I mean this one particular professor) thinks I am funny…nay, a laugh riot. His works not mine. Oh, I did this by making fun of jam bands.

And I have suddenly realized that the bar is now set way too high. I’m not actually that bright or funny…shit!

This troubles me as well:

“Science is clearly one of the most profound methods that humans have yet devised for discovering truth, while religion remains the single greatest force for generating meaning. Truth and meaning, science and religion; but we still cannot figure out how to get the two of them together in a fashion that both find acceptable... if some sort of reconciliation between science and religion is not forthcoming, the future of humanity is, at best, precarious.”
-Ken Wilber

Wilber is a Buddhist and a psychologist. I usually find both troubling. Not in a bad way. They just make me ponder things that get in the way of everything else I have to do.

That was the quote of the day on wikiquote…I love the “wikiverse.”

No comments: